What should I know about Nail Fungus?
- A Fungal Nail Infection is a condition that can also be referred to as Onychomycosis (on-ih-koh-my-KOH-sis) or Tinea Unguium.
- The first sign of nail fungus may appear as a white or yellow spot under the tip of the toenail. As the fungus grows, it may cause your nail to discolor to yellow, green, or black and thicken and crumble.
- Most nail fungus is caused by microscopic organisms called fungi that do not require sunlight to survive. Some of these same organisms also cause Athlete’s Foot.
- Fungi thrive in warm, moist places.
- Nail Fungus and Athlete’s Foot are contagious.
- Without treatment the toenails can become so thick that they cause pressure, irritation and pain, and can spread to adjacent nails and skin.
What are my treatment options?
- Topical Over-the-Counter Medications
- Topical Medications Dispensed only by a Physician (Tolcylen™)
- Prescription Only Topical Medications
- Prescription Only Oral Medications
- Laser Treatments
- Surgical Procedures
- Combination of the Above Options
Call customer service at 844-398-5656 to find a physician in your area that dispenses Tolcylen.
Discuss your options with your physician to determine the best course of treatment for you.